Bioinnovation Sidra - LP&T
To celebrate the beginning of a New Year, we are so proud to release our Special Reserve Sidra variety coffee, straight from our co-founders farm, La Palma Y El Tucan, in the beautiful tropical forests of Colombia. Felipe, Elisa and Sebastian have put so much love and hard work into this coffee to make it a truly special experience for you to savor and enjoy. Sebastian took time this week to dial in the perfect recipe suggestion for your convenience. He used the V60 to ensure the cleanest profile in the cup, but this recipe is easily transferable to any pour-over method you prefer. We can’t wait to hear what you think and we invite you to use the ritual of brewing coffee as a way to connect to your senses with this beautiful coffee.
- With this coffee, we are aiming for a 2 minute and 15 second brew time.
- Begin by bringing your brew water to the temperature of 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While your water temperature is rising, weigh out 20g of coffee.
- As a reference point, we will be using a total of 300ml of water.
- Grind the coffee at a medium setting, the consistency of sand.
- Place the V60 on the brew vessel of your choice, insert the filter and rinse with the hot water, making sure to dump the water after rinsing the filter.
- Place the coffee into the V60, being careful to ensure the grind bed is even. If you haven’t already, take the time to enjoy the dry aromatics of the freshly ground Sidra.
- Bloom stage: start your timer and gently pour in a circular motion to 60ml, ensuring all grounds are saturated with water.
- After 35 seconds, pour an additional 120ml of water in a gentle circular motion, reaching 180 ml total.
- At 55 seconds, pour the final 120ml of water, for a total weight of 300 ml.